E-2 Visa

If you wish to work in the US by starting or investing in a US business, the E-2 Visa may be an option for you.

View more

The Green Card Capital

E-2 Solution

When starting any business, anywhere, there is planning involved. There are key financial decisions that need to be made and a series of legal activities that need to be carried out. When you bring in immigration criteria that need to be met, along with migration, your situation may seem even more than overwhelming. This is where Green Card Capital’s E-2 Solution makes all the difference.

The E-2 visa is unique in a way that you are not only gaining residency for yourself and your family in the United States, but you are also now owning and operating your own business. You are investing in your future, and the business that you chose to operate will be supporting your lifestyle. What type of business do you chose? How do you know what is right for you? Green Card Capital has you covered.

We pride ourselves on the highest levels of customer service, and our E-2 Solution perfectly streamlines your experience with expert advice each step of the way.

As a Green Card Capital E-2 client, you have the benefit of working with top legal council as well as business consultants that ensure that your visa process is smooth and fast and that the business that you choose to invest in is viable and can maintain the livelihood of you and your family.

The E-2 Visa

Visa Description

If you wish to work in the US by starting or investing in a US business, the E-2 Visa may be an option for you.The E-2 or "treaty investor visa" permits entrepreneurs to either establish a business in the United States or to purchase an existing business or franchise.

The visa can only be given to nationals whose country has a trade agreement with the United States. View Treaty Country List

E-2 visas are for owners and investors in businesses in the United States. The E-2 is a temporary US work visa that may be granted for substantial investment in the US. An investment must meet several criteria in order to qualify for an E-2 visa.

  • Show that a ‘substantial’ investment or funds is available and committed to the investment
  • At least 50% of the business must be owned by the foreigner from a treaty country
  • The investment must create enough profit to provide a living for more than just the applicant and his or her family

Treaty Investor Visa

The visa can only be given to nationals whose country has a trade agreement with the United States.

View more



Green Card Capital is committed to providing you and your family professional E-2 services with our comprehensive E-2 case management package. Green Card Capital will guide you throughout the E-2 process by:

  • Gathering and preparing all of your documentations for the E-2 process
  • Consulting you to determine your personal immigration and lifestyle goals
  • Providing prospective investments for your E-2 visa tailored to your interests and experiences
  • Preparing a comprehensive business case to file with the USCIS for your E-2 application and preparing you for your E-2 consular interview

Please contact apply@greencardcapital.com to learn about our competitive rates

E-2 Visa


A: The E-2 allows you to work legally within the enterprise you have invested into in the US. You may stay in the US with indefinite two-year extensions as long as you maintain business performance. With the E-2 visa, you have the ability to travel freely in and out of the US. You may also bring your spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age. Your spouse may apply for authorization to work in the USA.

A: The E-2 classification is only available to nationals of countries with which the US retains a treaty of commerce and navigation. E-2 holders are restricted to working for the enterprise they have invested into for the purposes of the visa sponsorship. The visa is only re-approved two years at a time.

A: The E-2 visa does not provide a route to a green card. E-2 status must be renewed every two years, and a successful renewal will be based upon the activities and growth of the business. If the business is not performing to plan, the holder may not receive a visa extension.

A: An E-2 visa holder may move to the US with their spouse and any unmarried children under the age of 21. Dependents may reside there along with the applicant for as long as the E-2 status is valid.

A: A spouse of an E-2 holder may apply for authorization to work whilst in the United States.

A: All kinds of businesses can qualify. What is critical is that the business generates more than enough income to support you and your family and creates employment. Choose a business you can run effectively and will enjoy.

A: Yes, they can. The same requirements apply for a franchised business as any other, whether it is a new franchise or a franchised business already in operation.

A: Yes, you do. The embassy will want to see funds deposited in escrow (trust) in the United States for the business purchase.

A: Your chances of success depend on the careful selection of your business and the preparation of your application. There is no guarantee of the successful outcome of the application. However, Green Card Capital assists you in expertly preparing your application; in which all issues will be thoroughly addressed.

A: If you sell the business without previously buying another qualifying business, you are no longer eligible to remain in E-2 status. You must either leave the United States, or apply to change to a different status, for which you do qualify.

A: Yes. Children under 21 receive E-2 dependents' visas. On reaching 21, they must change to a different status, independent of their parents, to remain in the U.S. This can be, for example, based on full-time student status, employment, or marriage to a U.S. citizen. Elderly dependents can normally come with you on B-2 tourist visas, remain with you in that status as long as you remain in valid E-2 status, and continue to be considered temporary visitors.

A: There are a number of routes to a Green Card. The E-2 visa does not, in itself, lead to a Green Card (nor does any other non-immigrant visa). However the E-2 visa does not close options either. For instance, if you have a business in your country that continues to trade once you have moved to the U.S., you may qualify for a Green Card as a Multinational Manager. Alternatively, if you have a close relative in the U.S., they may be able to sponsor you. If you invest $500,000 - $1 million in certain types of businesses, you may be able to get a Green Card through the green card investor program, EB-5, which Green Card Capital can guide you through.

A: If you do not have a business in your country and want to buy a business in the U.S., the E-2 is likely to be your only option, unless you have at least $500,000 to invest and get an EB5 Green Card. View our EB-5 Page

A: Fees for an E-2 visa application may vary a little depending on the nature of the business and the circumstances of the application. Our fees are competitive. Please contact us for an individual quote.



E-2 visas can be issued for up to five years. It is not unusual, however, for the American Embassy in any E-2 qualifying country to issue an E-2 visa for two or three years upon initial application. On renewal the visas are often granted for five years, as long as the Embassy is satisfied that the business continues to meet the E-2 eligibility criteria.

All E-2 visas must be renewed at the American Embassy, and all applicants over 14 years old must appear at the Embassy for a short interview.

If an individual has a criminal conviction or prior immigration violation, this may effect one’s eligibility for an E-2 visa. This information must be disclosed on the visa application and the individual will need to submit an official government police certificate as well as a Memorandum of Conviction obtained from the Court in question. Visa eligibility will depend on the nature of the conviction or offence. This information should be disclosed during the initial consultation with Green Card Capital in order for the attorney to make a preliminary determination as to the effect of the conviction or offence on visa eligibility.

The information provided in this website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal, tax or investment advice. Such advice is only available from licensed professionals. Green Card Capital LLC is not a registered broker-dealer or a registered investment advisor. Securities-related transactions are typically offered through Investment Visa Consultants, LLC, however clients are under no obligation to use Investment Visa Consultants, LLC, and may select an investment advisory professional of their choosing. Investment Visa Consultants, LLC is a broker-dealer registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and is a member firm of FINRA and SIPC. Green Card Capital LLC and Investment Visa Consultants, LLC are not affiliated entities. However, certain professionals of Green Card Capital LLC are registered representatives of Investment Visa Consultants, LLC. As defined by the SEC, investments in EB-5 projects are considered securities. Only investors that meet certain eligibility requirements such as income or net worth as well as certain other suitability requirements can be offered EB-5 securities. No information contained in this presentation or on Green Card Capital's website or on Green Card Capital/Abbas Hashmi’s social media is an offer or solicitation for sale of securities. The information contained herein is only for use by eligible clients. This website or any presentation may not be copied, reproduced or replicated in any fashion.